Two natures, one soul, the battle rages on…
For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood (contending only with physical opponents), but against the despotisms, against the powers, against (the master spirits who are) the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere; (Eph. 6:11-12 Amp.).
Solution: Take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Put on the full armor of God, (the armor of a heavily armed soldier which God supplies), that you may be successfully able to stand up against (all) the strategies of the deceits of the devil. Stand firm, therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
“This call requires the soldier to dress in full body armor.” – Jeanie Martin
- The Helmet of Salvation to protect your head, your mind, and your thinking.
- The Breastplate protects the chest area, your heart, protect your heart at all cost. Things take root within the heart. Out of the heart flows the issues of life.
- The Belt of Truth is your defense against the lies of the enemy, gird your loins and speak the truth in the name of Jesus Christ. The belly is where rivers of living water flow.
- Prepare your feet with the Boots of the Gospel of Peace.
- In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
- The Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. This requires spiritual tactics of the use of various Bible Verses. This requires the believer to capture erroneous thoughts and replace them with the thoughts of God. You are required to say what God said about the matter. These are the warfare tactics that Jesus used in the wilderness when he spoke the words, “It is written”; (Matt. 6).
There are two additional weapons that are accessible whenever you need them:
Secret weapon #7. “Prayer“ Pray without ceasing; (1st Thess. 5:17). The door of the Throne Room is accessible at all times. God hears the prayers of the righteous, and He is faithful to answer.
Secret weapon #8 “Praise” Praise is a weapon that confuses the enemy. The enemy sees your troubles, however, he won’t understand your joy in praising God through the trouble. Always put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. Praise will get you through whatever may come your way to trouble your spirit.
THE WAR RAGES ON
Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God; (Rom. 8:5-7 NIV).
Solution: Set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth; (Col. 3:2 Amp.).
Set your mind on the things of God, stop feeding the flesh, and it will starve to death. Anytime, you sit to watch television shows with names like “Killer Vampire” or “Sex on the Rooftop” you already know the negative morsels that your spirit will be feasting on. “Killer Vampire” has morsels of a blood-sucking demon killing people with one bloody bite. While “Sex on the Rooftop” serves up morsels of lust. That’s what will be stored in your memory bank, “lust and murder.” The more you feed on lust and murder the more the flesh will crave it. Whichever (the flesh or the spirit man) gets the most nourishment will be the strongest.
“How you gonna win when you ain’t right within?” – Lauryn Hill
Open your Bible and look up Scriptures that contain the words “lust” and “murder.” This should give you an idea of the magnitude of the severity of feeding on worldly garbage as viewed by God. Set your mind on things above, not on things of the world. The Bible tells us to think on things that are worthy, honorable, pure, and admirable; (Phil. 4:8). Don’t indulge in unprosperous behavior. The mind is the battlefield and winning depends on what you choose to feed your spirit. Will you choose the knowledge and wisdom of God, or worldly trash, (garbage in/garbage out)?